Sunday, January 25, 2009

Knitting Funk

So, I've been in a bit of a knitting funk the last week or so, for a few reasons. First is my sock. I was knitting a really pretty cabled sock, but the cable needle was a pain in the butt, especially since these cables were just two stitch cables. So, I started, in the middle of the leg, mind you, to try and learn how to cable without a cable needle. Big mistake. I got so frustrated, I just frogged it. Also a big mistake, for now I have to start all over.

Second reason is books. Good books. I re-read the Ranger's Apprentice series (or what there is of it so far). The 5th one was released in the US not long ago, so I'm pretty excited. If you haven't read the ranger's apprentice, The way I describe it is this: Take the Lord of the Rings and the Knights of the Round Table, smash them together, and you have the Ranger's Apprentice. I'm also re-reading the Inheritance cycle (better known as the Eragon books). I'm halfway through Brisingr now. I've read all of these books in the span of about a week, starting right about the time I frogged that sock.

The third and last reason is politics. I'm really busy with the local elections. I am, of course, helping my husband, Jared Lash, in his campaign for alderman in Ward 6, and I'm also helping a candidate for township board, who is still collecting signatures. Hopefully he will have enough to file by tomorrow afternoon, since that's the deadline. I'm also managing Jessica Lyon's campaign for school board in district 428. She is an amazing candidate. But, all these campaigns mean a lot of work, so between that and my real job and reading, I have not much time for knitting. But, it's all been fun, anyway. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment